MINORITY CO-PRODUCTION PROJECTS
“Minority Coproduction Projects”, are projects that realized in coproduction, where the Albanian Producer has a minority share. As such are considered projects that guarantee at least 1 of the following criteria;
- Film projects of Albanian authors (from Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro);
- Foreign film projects which guarantee at least one of the following criteria:
– Film has an Albanian subject.;
– Part of the film will be shot in Albania;
– At least 50% of the dialogue is in Albanian language and one Master copy will be realized in Albanian language.
- Foreign film projects, of particular interest, who spend a considerable amount of their budget in Albania (while shooting or in other film production processes).
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS
- The Producer must be an Albanian legal entity.
- The Albanian Producer must have previously concluded at least one succesfull contract (for feature film) with ANCC.
- The Producer must have secured at least 70% of the film’s budget, as foreseen in the coproduction agreement.
- The Project must already have public support from the country of origin (valid for countries of the region and Europe).
- The Director must have previously realized at least one film.
Deferrals (including producers fee and overheads) and in-kind contributions, will be counted as confirmed financing, up to a maximum of 15% of the total co-production budget.
GENERAL RULES FOR FUNDING
- Projects submitted in this category will be funded, based on the financial expert evaluation of ANCC, up to 7.000.000 (seven million) Albanian Lek. (circa 60.000 Euros)
- At least 60% of the ANCC funds granted to these projects must be spent within the territory of the Republic of Albania. These funds should be used to meet the production expenses in Albania, and/or the compensation of Albanian cast and crew.
OBLIGATORY DOCUMENTATION FOR APPLICATION
(must be submitted both in Albanian and English)
- Request for consideration and financial support, of the cinematographic project.
- Application Form.
- Preliminary budget, signed by all co-producers, detailed for the budget that will be spent in Albania.
- Final Script (in Final Draft format).
- Short synopsis – not more than 5 rows.
- List and character description (visual, psychological etc.)
- Synopsis – up to 2 pages.
- Directors Vision of the project.
- Online Links (with passwords) of the director’s previous works.
- Report on the Director’s last film circulation.
- Co-Production contract, signed by all co-producers, accompanied by the film budget, with specifics of the percentages for each co-producer.
- Financial Plan of the project, with specifics on all the confirmed or pending sources of support.
- Confirmation/Certification/Attestation (original or notarized photocopy), which certifies that the production has secured support by public funds.
- Description of the shooting locations, with specifics on the shootings in Albania (days and places).
- Contract of the majority producer for the acquisition of the script rights.
- Contract of the majority producer with the Director.
- C.V. of the Producer.
- C.V. of the Director.
- Declaration (under own legal responsibility) on distribution/sale and revenues of previous films produced with ANCC support.
- Declaration of the production company.
- Project schedule.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION (NON-OBLIGATORY)
- Mood book/story board/wish cast or teasers, which help the Selection Committee to picture the vision and style of the director.
- Distribution Strategy and sale territories (contracts, agreements, deal-memos or Letters of Intent by national or international distributors).
- Information or clarifications that might help your application.