Albania is part of Eurimages since September 2009, as one of currently 37 members.
The Institution representing the country is the Albanian National Center of Cinematography (ANCC).
ANCC has already hosted 2 Board of Management Meetings in Tirana, in October 2012 and March 2016.
Currently Albania is eligible for 2 of the support schemes Eurimages has; Co-production and Promotion.
So far 12 Albanian majority projects have applied for the Eurimages co-production support, from which were supported:
- Amnesty directed by Bujar Alimani
- Agon directed by Robert Budina
- Bota directed by Iris Elezi & Thomas Logoreci
- Daybreak directed by Gentian Koçi
- The Delegation directed by Bujar Alimani
- Open Door directed by Florenc Papas
- The Unfinished Portrait of Clara Bellini directed by Namik Ajazi
4 Albanian minority projects have applied and 2 were awarded the Eurimages grant:
- Sworn Virgin – Laura Bispuri
- Forgive us our debts – Antonio Morabito
In 2017, 3 Albanian majority film projects were supported by Eurimages.
- The Delegation directed by Bujar Alimani, produced by Art Film (finished)
- Open Door directed by Florenc Papas, produced by Bunker Film (finished shooting)
- The Unfinished Portrait of Clara Bellini directed by Namik Ajazi, produced by Medivision (in pre-production)
In the December 2017 Board of Management Meeting, 4 Albanian majority projects will be discussed for financial support.
Eurimages is the cultural support fund of the Council of Europe. Established in 1989, it currently numbers 37 of the 47 member states of the Strasbourg-based Organization.
Albania is part of Eurimages since 2009. Eurimages promotes the European audiovisual industry by providing financial support to feature films, animations and documentaries produced in Europe.
In doing so, it encourages co-operation between professionals established in different European countries. Canada is newest addition to the Eurimages family, becoming eligible for project support in June 2017.
Shkarko Logo e EURIMAGES!