FIRST FILMS FIRST
Goethe-Institut Young Directors´ Academy South-Eastern Europe
FIRST FILMS FIRST offers young filmmakers with a feature film project to develop it with dedicated help of experienced and internationally acclaimed professionals from all fields of filmmaking.
The program runs one year, at four workshops across four festivals in the Southeast Europe, and it’s COMPLETELY FREE.
Interested? Read on.
FIRST FILMS FIRST is an intensive professional training program aimed at supporting young Southeast European film directors to develop their first feature-length fiction film. Over one year at 4 workshops at different film festivals in the region, the participants are guided by experienced and acclaimed tutors
Application and participation are FREE of charge, and travel, accommodation and accreditation expenses at the workshops are COVERED.
For an idea who will be guiding and helping you develop your film, in the first edition of FFF tutors were Milcho Manchevski, Andras Dresen, Allan Starski, Karpo Godina, Srdjan Koljevic, and Gabrielle Brunemeyer.
· you are living in Southeast Europe
· you are a film director
· you are a student in your last year of study or a young professional
· you have a project for the first feature-length fiction film*
· you are fluent in English
How to apply?
· synopsis for your first feature-length fiction film project
· treatment for the project (max. 12 pages)
· director’s statement
· your CV and a detailed filmography
· information about the producer, if attached (optional)
· link to one of your short films
· your phone number and email address
All materials should be in English, submitted in one PDF file.
The selected participants will be notified by April 15th.
For the selected participants, the program is free of charge. The FFF also provides participation in travel expenses, accommodation and the festival badges that allow free access to all the festivals’ screenings and events during the workshops.
Please note that the FFF can cover expenses for only one person per project. However, if the selected participants wish to come with additional members of their creative team, the FFF can offer them special discount packages for accommodations and free festival badges.
*program is not for animated films