ANCC offers minority co-production support to Albanian producers to participate in high-quality feature films by talented filmmakers from all over the world.
“Minority projects” are film projects realized in co-production, where the Albanian production company is in minority of the total production.
As such are considered projects which guarantee at least one of the following criteria:
1. Albanian authors’ film projects (from Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro)
2. Foreign film projects which guarantee at least one of the following criteria:
– Film has an Albanian subject;
– Part of film is located (story or shooting) in Albania;
– At least 50% of the dialogue must be in Albanian language.
– Master copy with Albanian subtitles.
3. Foreign film projects, of particular interest, who spend a considerable amount of their budget in Albania (while shooting or in other film production phases).
General rules for funding:
• Projects submitted in this category, will be funded based on the evaluation of financial expertise of the ANCC, up to 6,000,000 (six million) Albanian Lek, (estimated 47,500 USD). This amount can be changed by the ANCC Board only in specific projects of particular national interest.
• At least 80% of the ANCC funds granted to these projects must be spent within the territory of the Republic of Albania. These funds should be used to meet the production expenses, or to include Albanian cast and crew in the film.
Projects applying for this category should guarantee the following criteria:
1. Production companies that will apply must be Albanian legal entities.
2. A minimum of 70% of the total film budget must have been guaranteed before applying at ANCC.
3. The project must be recipient of at least one financial support from public institutions in the country of origin (valid for the region and Europe).
4. The director should have realized at least one film before applying.